Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Not snow :)

Ok, I know, I've been way more excited about the snow than I need to be, so I figured I'd show you what I've been doing while it's been snowing, well, other than shoveling it. :)

In the Jan/Feb. 2006 issue of Fons & Porter's For the Love of Quilting Magazine they featured the very talented Valori Wells and a quilt pattern of hers called Honeydew. She had used very nice pastely sherbety colors of her own fabrics. Well, I had this tropical, hibiscus fabric that I was looking for a pattern for and this was IT!! :) So, here's how mine turned out. I tweaked it a little from the original pattern. Valorie's quilt had 9 log cabins instead of 16. I also added a little border on top and bottom of little log cabins.
Just a little tidbit of info. Valori's Mom, the wonderful Jean Wells owns the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon. They sponsor the Sisters Quilt show on the second Saturday of July. It's so incredibly cool there. There are quilts hanging literally EVERYWHERE! On buildings, trees, fences, wires, inside and outside the shops. Wishin' I was there!! :)

4 comments:

Oil Cloth Junkie said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt!

PamKittyMorning said...

Awesome quilt. Looks very happy and warm.

Happy Zombie said...

I love this one Cindy! Love the colors (so very HappyZ-ish) and the style. I'll have to dig out my F&P's to see what inspired you. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when patterns are personalized/modified!

Silverthimble said...

Your quilt is certainly a cheerful contrast to all that snow outside!