Monday, January 08, 2007

Ok, I know I complain alot about having to live in WI, missing the PNW, blah blah blah. This is not a complaint post. This is about a couple of things I actually LIKE about living here.

Ok, now that you've picked yourself up off the floor, I can continue......

Of course I LOVE the wildlife here. I understand that some people would argue about the wildlife being RODENTS, but I happen to love the squirrels and bunnies. On a drive this summer, we saw a HUGE porcupine and we see plenty of deer ~ some are even alive, not just roadkill.

The birds here are spectacular. I've posted about the colorful cardinals and goldfinches. Hopefully we'll get to see the Indigo buntings and orioles this summer. TJ is REALLY into watching the birds. He took this picture while he was sitting on the step outside. This little black-capped chickadee came right up. He didn't even care that TJ was sitting there. These little guys are just so cute and sweet. They have a cute little song and they are real small and look darling when they're puffed up. :)

Another thing I've noticed here in SB and all over Wisconsin is the amount of HUGE American flags. Not the amount of flags, but they are literally gigantic! I don't know about everyone else, but I can get a lump in my throat when I see our flag. I am so proud to be an American. I am proud of having a husband who serves our country and being able to support him. I am so thrilled to be able to live in a house, have a 1993 Ford Aerostar (had to throw that in), be able to practice my religion, and not live in constant fear. I can't imagine what some people go through in other countries. It's a great nation we live in.

Now, there you have it. Me NOT complaining. Today I have to do laundry, clean the house and probably run the gym clothes to my kid since she left them on the counter in the kitchen, but I'm going to do it all without complaining, because I'm just happy to be able to do it all in the first place. :) hugs and kisses to all my friends.

No comments: