Friday, January 08, 2010

snow...blah

Well, it snowed here last night. Not a lot, but a couple of inches. Enough to delay school for 2 hours, which made Sara happy. I have decided I don't really care for snow in Virginia. After our big snow, I saw that this place isn't really prepared for snow. It's been over 2 weeks since our storm and there are still HUGE ice piles everywhere. The ice piles were made by the plows that just shoved the snow to one side of the road and left it there. Sidewalks were not cleared, so there are places where you cannot walk (or in our case, RUN) on the sidewalk. I hear that it's supposed to get cold tonight and the stuff on the road will likely freeze. great. Oh well.

On a happier note, Sara has a dance performance tonight at the girls' basketball game. That will be fun to see. I love watching them perform. They are SO good. They practice their buns off and it shows. They have a competition on Sunday, so I'll probably be posting pictures of that later.

I have been sewing today. I made a couple of little nightgowns for Miss Ava (Renee's little chick) and finished one more, along with some matching jammies for her Baby. Then, I made a little bag/purse thingie out of some fabric that I had gotten especially for this little bag. I am heading back up to sew a little more. I'm planning to make a little Vera Bradleyish backpack. I'll post pics of the craftiness soon. :) I just haven't taken pics yet, and I have to give the little Ava model her jammies so I can show you all how adorable that kiddo is. :)

Ok, off to sew! Hope you all have a splendid weekend!

No comments: