Sunday, January 17, 2010

catching up

I am one lucky chick. I had a lunch date last week with a new friend, Lisa. I have "known" her mom-in-law, Marie from blogging for quite a while now. I haven't had the pleasure of hugging Marie yet, but Lisa is the next best thing! What a sweet chick. We had lunch at Bertucci's italian rest. We visited for over an hour with not a quiet moment, well, except when we were chewing, of course. :) When I found out we were moving to VA, I mentioned it on my blog and Marie told me her kids and grandkids lived here. So, when we found out we were living in Springfield, she was even more excited since that's where the family lives! Turns out, we live about 2 miles from each other and Lisa's son is in Sara's spanish class! It's such a tiny world.

Sara is a little sick chick again. She was sick over Christmas Vaca, and is now sleeping on the couch with a very stuffed up nose and sore throat. Poor little kid.

I have also done some sewing lately. I finished another little nightgown for Princess Ava. Here she is with Baby who also got a couple of nightgowns, so they can be twins. Doesn't she look so cute and snuggly?















I also just made this little backpack. It's kind of Vera Bradley'ish....quilty and soft and cute. :) I will probably give it to Ava, too. :) Next projects are already cut. Working on two more little Monica bags. :)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh girlfriend your a doll. so happy you and Lisa made a connection and had a grat lunch too. I only hope I get up there before she moves. If not do not fear-- DH had lots family in Md. so we will go right near you and you know I will get to see you first!!!!LOve those little nighties and girlie stuff. Tell Miss Sara she needs to feel better. HUgs, Marie

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Truly such a small world. Amazing. Bloggy friends are so much fun.

I'm so glad I encouraged you to start your own blog. ;-)