What the heck is a Meme? I didn't know but I looked it up. Am I the only one who didn't know? Anyway, my sweet, little pajama friend the Happy Zombie posted this on her blog and I figured I'd put it on mine too, since she was so interested...tee hee :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither. My warm drink of choice is Hazelnut Flavored coffee with Hazelnut Creamer in it. And I don't really like it after morning. I don't even like Hot Chocolate by a campfire..how wierd is that?!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just puts them under the tree. No wrapping. That's how we know they're from him. He does label them with names, and usually sorts them by the girls' special spots on the couches. He puts small things in their stockings, but so do the mom and dad. :)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Whiteicicles on the house, colored in the big Christmas Tree in front and colored on my tree inside, IF I can find a tree to fit into this tiny house. The girls have little trees for their rooms and they have colored lights too. I would love to put lights on the entire roof, but Travis won't let me...he's mean! tee hee :)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Um, no. We kiss enough around here! I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving. In this town EVERYONE puts up lights the day after Halloween. I feel sorry for poor little Thanksgiving. It's like the forgotten holiday. I even tried to find Thanksgiving decorations, and couldn't. Ok, back to Christmas decorating, I got the outside lights up. The boxes of decorations are in the basement waiting for my birthday. We have always gotten our tree on my Bday. THEN I pull the boxes out and really decorate inside.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham. I used to be a Honeyroast Ham snob, but the spiral hams they have at Costco are really good too. Unfortunately, we don't have a Costco anywhere around us, so I'll have to find something else this year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? For those of you who know me, you know I can't remember yesterday much less stuff from a long time ago! One time my dad brought snow from the mountains for my Bday, does that count?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What's that supposed to mean? Is there something I don't know about him? He's a jolly old elf with twinkly eyes and rosy red cheeks. He flies around in a sleigh with magical reindeer and leaves presents for all the good girls and boys! Now, I did find out the Easter Bunny is my mom. I peeked through the bathroom window and could see through the family room window and saw her putting our baskets together. I think I was about 9 or 10.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh heck yes we open a present on Christmas Eve. I usually pick which ones the girls get to open so they don't open the best one and forget about the rest!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have lots of ornaments that I just like. No special theme. The girls get an ornament every year, so when they move out they will each get to take their own. I guess I'll have to buy some new ones then, but for now, it's just got a little bit of everything.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? That's a stupid question. Other than the squirrels, that's the thing I'm looking forward to about living in this place! BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!
12. Can you ice skate? Yea, I CAN, but I don't like to fall on the ice and have a wet butt for the rest of the session, so I DON'T.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Fabric Depot $100 gift certificates.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and the celebration of Jesus. I do love the food and relaxing too!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas Sugar Cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Sleeping in late if the kids don't get up early. Staying in my jammies all day and eating lots of food and then cleaning up all the dishes and, WAIT, that's not part of my favorite things to do. After I clean up then vegging in front of the tv, going to bed early then sleeping in the next day too. :)
17. What tops your tree?An angel holding little lights.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, definitely.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I don't really have a favorite song, I like most Christmas music.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the Cinnamon flavored ones. I buy the prettiest colored for the tree. Usually, one or two get eaten, but the rest get thrown away by summertime!