Friday, September 01, 2006

The good, the bad and the fuzzy

Ok, so I go downstairs this morning to "felt" a little knit purse I made as a test to see how it would come out. I happened to look down and see the big puddle under my brand new dryer. I'm thinking that's not a good thing! So, I disconnect the dryer vent, get the dryer onto a cardboard box (thankfully, I have some!) and put fans out to get the puddle dry. I think it'll be fine.
"How did the puddle get there" you ask?.....well, there was a sponge in the big tub sink that clogged the drain while the water softener was draining to the sink. DOH! Note to self: make sure the sponge is NOT left inside the sink at any time. Here's what it looks like now....I can move the dryer back in a couple of hours.

That's the bad.....


THE GOOD...This is the little purse I knit then "felted". It's an easy procedure. You knit your project with wool yarn bigger than you want it. Then you wash it in HOT water and it kind of "melts" together into a fuzzy project. I made some little mistakes, but I know what to do on my next project. The girls are in the process of making little bags now. I'll post those later. This little one is about the size of a cell phone. Not sure if I'll actually use it, but it was fun to do. I have a wallhanging that I need to finish before I try anymore knitting! So many fun crafty things to do, not enough time!!







And now what you've all been waiting for....THE FUZZY!
We went out to Potawatomi State Park. Don't ask how to pronounce it since we haven't figured it out either! Anyway, we were exploring on the beach. It was a chilly evening with a good cool breeze. Anisa said there were some bees sleeping. Yea, ok, whatever Anisa. But, wait! There WERE some bumblebees sitting in a thorny thistle plant sound asleep. These are just a couple of them, but the whole plant was full of little sleeping bees. Ok, I know what you're thinking. Bumble bees...CUTE? Well, see for yourself. I think they're pretty cute, all fuzzy and not bothering anyone. :) That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the "flood" good thing you got it under control!

Adorable purse! So small!

Potawatomi (Pot-a-wata-me)

~Kim~