Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Silver Anniversary and other stuff

Yep, Travis and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the 13th of this month. I have a really hard time with the fact that I have been married for 25 years. I am old enough to have had my silver anniversary. At least I don't ACT that old. :) heehee Whatever. We're still very much in love and enjoy each other for the most part. Sure, we would like to kill each other sometimes, but who doesn't?? He's not fully trained, and I know he never will be, so I take him like he is. HA! We celebrated this year by going to Chima Brazilian Steakhouse. I have never been so full of meat in my life. :) Well, maybe once or twice. If you haven't been to a Brazilian Steakhouse (this was our first, but not last time), there are guys who walk around with huge skewers of all kinds of meats. Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish...you name it, they have it. Plus, there is a huge salad bar with awesomely incredible foods on it. It was SO FUN, and it was nice to have a night out just the two of us. :)

This week is starting out to be pretty busy. My cousin, April, came down from New York on Monday. Our main goal was to see the butterfly exhibit at the Museum of Natural History cuz it's free on Tuesdays. So, we went into the city on Tues and it was SO INCREDIBLY packed, we didn't get to go. We had some fun adventures, tho. We saw the flooded Tidal Basin (that's the picture with Anisa on the bench. There is a sidewalk in front of that bench that goes out probably about 6 feet), tulips, the Jefferson Monument, took a paddle boat ride and went to dinner at Capital City brewing and then checked out the Postal Museum. We had a great time with the semi-truck front end in there. Here are some pics for your enjoyment. :)

1 comment:

Chasing Joy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You have me thinking about Chima. I have been there and it was a fun experience.

I like the picture with the girl under the truck. LOL