Thursday, August 26, 2010

So You're Not Bored. :)

Hi everyone. :) Well, ok, the couple of people who actually see this blog. :) Today is kind of a hot day, compared the last couple of days that were pretty nice and low humidity. This morning it was 72 in the house and outside, but with the humidity outside, it still felt much hotter outside. Now it's in the 80s and icky again. oh well. I'm sitting inside with my wonderful A/C and fans on.

This Saturday we're heading into DC with friends to see Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Jo Dee Messina, Alveda King (MLK's niece) and others. I hope it stays on task to celebrate America's heroes and troops. It should be very fun. Besides, we'll be with our friends, and that's ALWAYS fun.

On Sunday I went to pick up my friend Joe (an 83 yr old guy I pick up for church) and there was a really cute turtle in his front yard. The woman he rents a room from said in the 40something years she's lived here, she's never seen a turtle just walking around outside. I told her we have saved about 5 turtles. I don't know if this is the "year of the turtle", but there sure are a lot of them.

Anisa's Italy trip is coming up. If anyone has any good trip tips, let us know. We're busy collecting stuff she needs. She'll be there for 3 months, so I'm sure we'll be sending a box of stuff in the middle of her trip, or sending stuff with Travis when he goes.

Anyway, this is just a basic, nothing-to-it post, just figured I'd say hi to anyone visiting and tell you to have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Hello! The year of the turtle? Works for me! :)

My Italy Tip: Don't dress like an American. We found we got much better service, no dirty looks, etc if we dressed nicely and kept our mouths shut. :)