Saturday, November 07, 2009

lately.....

Today we spent the day fixing my van. She's been running badly for a while...shuddering up hills, shifting hard, and making some funky noises. Turns out she had a bad distributor and needed a tune-up. We changed the distributor, cap, spark plugs/wires and fixed her timing. She is running like brand new! :) I'm very happy because we thought she was dead a couple of weeks ago. Travis was threatening to buy a new vehicle and I was mad! Now, I'm a happy girl, and so is Baby. :)

Last night I braved 36 degree night air to watch my baby girl perform at the football game. I can't post the routine, but here are a couple of pictures of the team. The dancers are all very nice...a couple of them need a little attitude adjustment, but they're teenagers! I've met some of the parents and so far, it seems like a really good group. One family even lives in our neighborhood and goes to the same church as we do! :) woot.














And that has been my life the last couple of days. Oh, and I've even gotten some sewing done. I'll post quilts soon! :)

5 comments:

Marie said...

Hey there, it seems that I lost e-mail so here goes- we will be at Alex's on the 24th of this month for a few days. He had his surgery and will be out of commision for 6 months of sports(BOOHOO). I will look forward to calling you when I get up there and hope to see you. Many hugs, Marie

harmijo said...

Looks like fun! Glad the girls on the dance team are a nice group for the most part and that your 'baby' is running well again, sounds like life is good! :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I'm so glad that Baby is OK. I don't understand your relationship, but I support your choice....
:)

happy zombie said...

Cracking up over Vivienne's comment. ME TOO, Vivienne! But I love that you love Baby, and it makes me love you all the more.

No one puts Baby in the corner of the used car lot.

Greenmare said...

OH it is soooo good when they have a good peer group! Makes ALL the difference! They look like they had fun!